January 26-27, 2013
Ventura Beach Marriott
Application Deadline: December 29, 2012
The Gordon Research Seminar on Geobiology is a unique forum for graduate students, post-docs, and other scientists with comparable levels of experience and education to present and exchange new data and cutting edge ideas.
The focus of this meeting is to explore the diverse and dynamic field of geobiology. The discussions and presentations will address these main themes:
* microbial structures in ancient and modern settings
* taphonomy and micropaleontology
* biomineralization and the co-evolution of minerals and microbes
* life detection for applications to early life on Earth and other planets
* integrating geobiobiology into interdisciplinary research and academic programs
For more information: http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2013&program=grs_geo
Please follow Astrobiology on Twitter.