- Press Release
- September 11, 2022
National Academies Advisory: July 8 Mars Colloquium in Pasadena, CA
The National Research Council’s Space Studies Board will host a colloquium on astrobiology and Mars exploration at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. Participants will hear briefings from the chairs of three recent Academies studies on different aspects of exploration for life on Mars and other potential organic environments in the universe. There will also be a status report on NASA’s plans for Mars exploration. This Research Council colloquium precedes the 7th International Conference on Mars at California Institute of Technology.
Open sessions are Sunday, July 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel, 168 South Los Robles Ave., Pasadena, Calif.
- David Beaty, NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
- Steven Benner, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla.
- James Ferris, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, N.Y.
- Lennard J. Fisk, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Bruce Jakosky, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Don McCoy, European Space Agency, Paris
- Doug McCuistion, NASA Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C.
- Michael Meyer, NASA Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C.
- John D. Rummel, NASA Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C.
- Jeffrey Volosin, NASA Exploration Systems Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C.
REPORTERS WHO WISH TO ATTEND MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE with the National Academies Office of News and Public Information, tel. 202-334-2138 or e-mail email@example.com.