The NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI) is accepting proposals to the 2010 NAI Director's Discretionary Fund (DDF).
Priority in selection for the NAI 2010 DDF will be given to proposals that are characterized by one or more of the following:
- Integrates the research of and realizes synergies among the current NAI teams
- Expands the scope of NAI research (and the NAI community) in innovative ways, accepting some risk in return for high pay-off potential
- Responds in a timely way to new scientific results or programmatic opportunities
- Develops connections between astrobiology research and other NASA science programs, particularly NASA's Earth Science Program - see, http://nasascience.nasa.gov/earth-science/
- Directly supports flight programs, particularly through instrument development
- Uses funding particularly effectively, for example through leveraging or building on past investments
Schedule: Proposals will be accepted at any time until June 30, 2010.
For more information: http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/nai/funding/ddf-2010
Please follow Astrobiology on Twitter.